Since 2006, I have supervised a number of PhD students to completion. Please see here some information on these colleagues.
Ph.D. students completed
- Edel Tully is presently at UBS. Her dissertation was “Three essays on the Gold Market”
- Michael Dowling is at University of Central Lancashire, and he produced a PhD “An analysis of mood proxies and their relationship to equity returns”
- Thomas Lagoarde-Segot is now at the EuroMed Business School and he worked on “International Financial Integration of MENA countries”
- Alexander Eastman is now at Dublin City University and his PhD was “The interrelationship of volume-volatility-skewness on returns in futures markets”
- Ciaran Mac an Bhaird is also at Dublin City University and his work was “The Determinants of Capital Structure in Irish SME’s”
- QiYu Zhang is completing a postdoc at Lancaster and he completed a PhD on “The impact of financial integration on corporate balance sheets in emerging markets”
- Julian Perez is now working at O2 Analytics and his PhD was “ Multinomial LOGIT models of merger target determination in G7 countries”
Ph.D. students currently under supervision
I have several PhD students at present: Deirdre Reilly is examining the interrelationship between the housing market, real estate in general, and the macroeconomy; Marco Lazzarino is examining the possibility of statistical arbitrage in precious metals markets; Sarah Reilly is using Markov switching models to investigate merger waves. Fergal O’Connor will be joining me from September to investigate issues in relation to the gold market.
I’m always open to good ideas in relation to supervision, in particular aspects around contagion, behavioural finance, precious metals, and international financial integration. Feel free to contact me…